Monday, February 10, 2014

Salmon & Strawberry Spinach Salad

Just because summer isn't here yet, doesn't mean you can't make a delicious summer salad. In my world, it's always salad season! This Salmon & Strawberry Spinach salad is quick, healthy and delicious! I make this salad all the time, and could honestly have this salad every single day. 

Step One: Spinach
Grab two handfuls of spinach & place in salad bowl.


Spinach offers TWICE as much fiber as other greens. Spinach is an amazing source of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant. Spinach has energy boosting qualities and it's because spinach is one of the best sources for iron. Spinach can also help maintain good eye vision over time.

Step Two: Fat Free Feta
Add a little less than 1/4 cup of President brand, Fat Free Feta crumbled.


Cheese is my weakness, and I wouldn't suggest eating any type of cheese at all when you are trying to eat healthy, except this cheese! It has always been my go-to cheese when adding to my salads recipes. Make sure you get Fat Free!

Step Three: Strawberries 
Slice 5-6 strawberries & toss inside salad bowl


Strawberries are good for your bones and hormones. They are relatively high in fiber and contain a lot of Vitamin C.

Step Four: Grilled Salmon 
Grill 1/2 pound of salmon on stove top until desired and add to salad. I usually cook my salmon on high for 10-12 minutes, consistently turning over. {Remember you can be cooking your salmon while you prepare these other fixings for your salad}


Salmon is an excellent source for Omega-3 fatty acids that help lower your cholesterol and help your brain work better by improving your memory. If you want shiny hair, healthy skin and bright eyes, eating salmon can do that for you! Salmon helps to speed up your metabolism and is power packed with minerals, vitamins and disease fighting acids! Basically salmon is awesome.

Step Five: Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Drizzle your desired amount of olive oil over salad, but don't go overboard. I usually put about 2 tablespoons just to make my salad not so dry. 


If you use an unhealthy salad dressing, there is no point in even eating a salad. Your salad could contain as much fat and calories as donuts or a cheeseburger. Mayonnaise-based dressings contain so much saturated fat and can make you gain weight faster than you may think. Using Olive oil as your dressing is the best choice you will ever make! I usually add Apple Cider Vinegar as well, but I was out. Olive oil is AMAZING for your skin and hair. Try it! I promise you won't be disappointed. 

Step Six: Toss & Enjoy! 


1 comment:

  1. Yum, this looks like it'd be good with some balsamic vinegar. I love any kind of strawberry + spinach salad. My favorite is strawberry with asparagus.

    ReplyDelete